Seeking an IT Support Specialist to join an IT team at a high-performing, high-energy scientific laboratory. The job requires dedication, flexibility, and responsiveness in a dynamic environment to provide a variety of IT Support services to its research and management groups. The hours for this position are 9:00AM-5:00PM or 10:00AM-6:00PM.
* Install PC hardware and peripheral components such as workstations, monitors, keyboards and printers.
* Perform desktop and application support, and update service call status as required.
* Replace defective or inadequate software and hardware.
* Load specified Microsoft and vendor software packages on machines.
* Perform Network Administration procedures and implementations as needed on servers and switches.
* Respond to inquiries concerning systems operation.
* Diagnose system hardware, software, and operator problems.
* Instruct users in use of equipment and company software.
* Recommend or perform minor remedial actions to correct problems.
* Coordinate activities with other information systems personnel.
* Work with clients in a cordial and professional manner both on and offsite.
* Train and learn company specific software applications to be implemented in customer sites.
* Other projects assigned as needed.
* Microsoft Windows 10, 2008, 2012, 2016
* Experience with Active Directory and GPO
* Microsoft Office Suite 2016, 365
* Microsoft Exchange
* Enterprise Anti-Virus Software Solution (TM OfficeScan, Symantec (SEP), MCSS, McAfee)
* 3-5 years of Desktop and Application Support Experience and customer service experience.
* Microsoft Deployment Tool Kit MDT and WDS
* Software deployment technologies (ghost, repackaging tools)
* Strong Networking (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, routing, subnetting)
* Remote access technologies (VPN, dial-up, terminal services)
Helpful to also have:
* MAC or Linux Experience
* Scripting Experience
* Full Disk Encryption
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!