Multimedia / Research Scientist - Speech
MERL's Speech & Audio Team is seeking an exceptional researcher in the areas of audio, speech, and language processing to work on robust acquisition, recognition and understanding. We are looking for candidates with a strong background in advanced machine learning techniques for speech and language processing
Our research focuses on cutting-edge projects such as speech and sound separation, deep-learning-based microphone array processing, end-to-end speech recognition, and audio-visual question answering. As a member of our team, you will conduct original research and contribute to ongoing initiatives within the team
Research Area: Multimedia
Contact: John Hershey
- Conduct innovative research aiming to redefine the cutting edge in speech and audio processing.
- Publish results in major international conferences and peer-reviewed journals.
- Maintain an influential presence in the academic community, for example via participation in technical and organizing committees.
- Assist in the patenting of developed technology and its transfer to R&D labs in Japan.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a closely related field.
- Thorough knowledge and expertise in speech technologies.
- Strong publication record demonstrating innovative research achievements.
- Knowledge and experience with relevant machine learning and optimization techniques.
- Excellent programming skills, particularly in Python and deep learning toolkits.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!