Mechatronics / Research Scientist - Vehicle Systems Estimation and Control
ME22: Mechatronics / Research Scientist - Vehicle Systems Estimation and ControlMERL is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Research Scientist or Senior Research Scientist Staff in the Mechatronics Group. The Mechatronics group pursue cutting-edge research in control systems design, dynamical systems, optimization, and estimation algorithms, with applications to transportation systems, automotive, factory automation and robotics, building systems and HVAC, satellite systems, and electric power systems.
The candidate is expected to perform research in the area of estimation, planning, and control algorithms for vehicle systems, and to have a strong background in vehicle dynamics, in advanced estimation algorithms such as particle filtering, in control systems, and in sampling-based path planning algorithms such as RRT, A*, D*. Strong algorithm implementation skills in Matlab are expected, and working knowledge in C/C++ and ROS is highly desired.
Research Area: Mechatronics
Contacts: Stefano Di Cairano
- Conducting innovative and relevant research vehicle dynamics estimation, planning and control,
- Developing an independent research agenda in the area of control and estimation
- Applying the research results to company-relevant R&D projects,
- Publishing results in leading technical journals, conferences and in patent applications,
- Transferring results and technology to Mitsubishi Electric corporate research laboratories,
- Collaborating with research staff, academic partners and mentoring interns.
- A Ph.D. from an internationally-recognized institution in mechanical, electrical, aerospace engineering, computer science, or a related discipline, with a concentration on vehicle estimation, planning, and control. 1-2 years of experience after PhD preferred
- A strong publication record consistent with experience,
- Extensive knowledge of vehicle dynamics, estimation algorithms, planning algorithms, and control systems,
- Experience and interest in implementing planning, control and estimation algorithms in laboratory experiments,
- Strong teamwork, communication, listening and teaching skills.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!