Algorithms / Postdoctoral Researcher - Optimization and Inference
DescriptionAL03: Algorithms / Postdoctoral Researcher - Optimization and InferenceMERLseeks a highly motivated individual to collaborate in one or more research projects on the optimization of discrete network flows in problems relating to transport and inference. Some of the application areas we are currently studying include exotic people-moving systems, wireless communications, image denoising and enhancement, and medical image interpretation. Duties will include original research, algorithm development, software implementation, and extensive simulation, testing, and analysis. The candidate may also elect to devote part of each week to independent research.
Research Area: Algorithms
Contact: Matthew Brand
- A Ph.D. in computer science or allied fields from a well-recognized institution (or equivalent training and experience); MERL will also consider exceptional candidates regardless of credentials.
- A balance of theoretical and practical orientation.
- Software prototyping and development skills.
- Background in probability, statistics, and discrete/continuous/convex optimization. Knowledge of computer vision, audition, and/or graphics a plus.
- The proven ability to make and publish fundamental innovations.
- Some relevant industrial experience.
This is a ground floor opportunity in a world-class research laboratory
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!
Upload your photo
Please provide an image in PNG, JPG or JPEG format.