Computer Vision / Research Scientist or Senior Research Scientist
CV06: Research Scientist or Senior Research Scientist
MERL is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Research Scientist or Senior Research Scientist in the Computer Vision Group. This group pursues cutting-edge research in information capture, extraction, analysis, and display, including computer vision, 3D graphics & modeling, image processing, and deep learning. Our research addresses these topics at all levels, including information capture, extraction, analysis, and display. We are currently searching for a colleague to work on problems of machine learning, including deep learning, classification, labeling, and detection. The group applies its specialized knowledge to challenging industrial problems in areas including robotics, medicine, automobiles, safety and security, retail systems, large and small displays, and building systems. We also contribute to and maintain strong connections in the research community.
The successful candidate will be expected to initiate, lead and perform original research within the above areas, and to extend MERL's domain of expertise. Further qualifications are detailed below.
Research Area: Computer Vision
Contact: Alan Sullivan
- Identify new problems and solutions that are broadly useful. Conduct research to evaluate these solutions and publish results in selective peer-reviewed conferences and journals. Conceive futuristic business possibilities and the technology and methods to address them.
- Learn about existing Mitsubishi Electric businesses and consider their needs when defining research initiatives. Collaborate with Mitsubishi Electric labs in Japan to transfer information, prototypes, and code.
- Assist in preparing your patent applications.
- A Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related areas.
- Documented track record of creative innovation and of developing, conducting, and leadingsuccessful research projects.
- Excellent programming skills (C/C++, Matlab, Python, etc).
- Good presentation and writing skills are expected.
- Applicant must be able to handle multiple assignments simultaneously and balance workloadamong different projects.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!