Computer Vision / Research Scientist or Senior Research Scientist
DescriptionMERL is seeking highly qualified applicants for the position of Research Scientist or Senior Research Scientist in the Computer Vision Group. This group pursues cutting-edge research in computer vision for information capture, extraction, analysis, and display from 2D, 3D and 4D data, using deep learning, 3D geometry, image processing, 3D graphics & modeling. We perform research ranging from fundamental to applied with a strong emphasis on tackling difficult problems in computer vision. We are currently searching for a colleague to work on problems related to detection, classification, labeling and prediction of objects and actions in a wide range of environments. The group applies its specialized knowledge to challenging industrial problems in areas including robotics, automobiles, safety and security, retail systems, large and small displays, building systems, and medicine. We also contribute to and maintain strong connections in the research community through university collaborations, publications, conference participation, sabbaticals and internships.
Research Area: Computer Vision
Contact: Alan Sullivan
- Identify new problems and solutions that are broadly useful. Conduct research to evaluate these solutions and publish results in selective peer-reviewed conferences and journals. Conceive futuristic business possibilities and the technology and methods to address them.
- Learn about existing Mitsubishi Electric businesses and consider their needs when defining research initiatives. Collaborate with Mitsubishi Electric labs in Japan to transfer information, prototypes, and code.
- Assist in preparing your patent applications.
- A Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related areas.
- Documented track record of creative innovation and of developing, conducting, and leadingsuccessful research projects.
- Excellent programming skills (C/C++, Matlab, Python, etc).
- Good presentation and writing skills are expected.
- Applicant must be able to handle multiple assignments simultaneously and balance workloadamong different projects.